Shoulder pain is an extremely common complaint and there are many different causes. If you are unsure of the cause of your shoulder pain you should seek chiropractic help.
Causes of Shoulder Pain
The most common causes for shoulder pain are:
- Referred pain from the neck
- Bursitis/rotator cuff tendinitis
- Rotator cuff tear
- Frozen shoulder
- Calcific tendinitis
- Shoulder disclocation
- Ligament injury
- Labral tear
- Arthritis shoulder
- Biceps tendon rupture
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of shoulder pain must be directed to the specific cause of your problem to be effective. Hence is important for us to accurate diagnose the problem before any treatment can start.
Some signs that you should seek treatment are:
- You are unable to carry objects or use the arm
- You have suffered an injury that causes deformity of the joint
- Shoulder pain occurs at night or while resting
- Shoulder pain persists beyond a few days
- There is swelling or significant bruising around the joint or arm
- There are signs of infection, including fever, redness, warmth
Like any other pain, the sooner you get treatment, the quicker your pain will go and allow you to go back to normal activities, and the less likely you are to get a recurrent and chronic problem.
Prevention of Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can be prevented by regular shoulder stretches and shoulder muscle strengthening. Regular chiropractic adjustments help with prevention of shoulder pain. Chiropractic also prescribes the specific stretches, home exercises and postural advises to prevent shoulder pain.